Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Former-Member
Not applicable

Online Peer Group Chat // Dealing With Upsetting News Content // Thursday 7th October, 7-8:30PM AEST

Hey forumites! 

Our next Online Peer Group Chat will be held on Thursday 7th October7PM - 8:30PM AEST. The topic for this Chat will be Dealing With Upsetting News Content 

Social Media: Positive & Negative Effects on Journalism | by Angelo | Medium

We can often want to keep up to date with current news and events, but sometimes what we see in the media can be upsetting, overwhelming, or even triggering. Join this conversation to talk together about how we can look after ourselves when managing our relationship with the media. 

Please note that this date is different to what was originally scheduled on our website- if you've written the previous date down, please adjust it to the new date of October 7! Smiley Happy The date change is because all SANE staff will be having a Wellbeing Break during September 22-24 - you can read more about what that means here.

I'm going to tag some people who may be interested in this, and I'd encourage you to tag others who might be interested too!😊

@Shaz51 @BPDSurvivor @frog @Judi9877 @apc @Minette60 @Adge @eth @Mex @Snowie @Flying_Hams @Zoe7 @Alicat @bipolarbunny @Fluttershy1 @Clawde 

To join or to submit a question for the group, click here. As always, if you're interested but can't make it you will be able to read the transcript of the group the next day here 

Please see this FAQ for any questions you may have. For any issues on the night, please message the moderator of the group on the Chat platform. If you'd like to receive a reminder closer to the event, please support this post & we'll keep you updated 😊 

We hope you can join in! I think it's going to be an interesting and helpful conversation Heart

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Online Peer Group Chat // Dealing With Upsetting News Content // Thursday 7th October, 7-8:30PM AEST

Oh my goodness @Former-Member I feel like this one is custom made for me!

Re: Online Peer Group Chat // Dealing With Upsetting News Content // Thursday 7th October, 7-8:30PM AEST

Sounds interesting @Former-Member
Should be good

Hey forumites! 

Just a reminder next Online Peer Group Chat will be tonight Thursday 7th October7PM - 8:30PM AEDT. The topic for this Chat will be Dealing With Upsetting News Content 

Join this conversation to talk together about how we can look after ourselves when managing our relationship with the media. 

You all supported our original announcement so we would love to see you there. Also please feel free to tag any other members you think might be interested below! 🙂

@frog @Snowie @The-Hams @Clawde @Adge @Shaz51 

To join, click here. As always, if you're interested but can't make it you will be able to read the transcript of the group the next day here 

Please see this FAQ for any questions you may have. For any issues on the night, please message the moderator of the group on the Chat platform

We hope you can join in! I think it's going to be such a useful conversation! 

Chat soon! 
- periwinklepixie

Hey everyone, we'll be getting started in about 10 minutes 😊

@frog @Snowie @Flying_Hams @Clawde @Adge @Shaz51 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance