Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

pipinya
Senior Contributor

November Community Wrap

Hey everyone 👋👋🏻👋🏾

We’re back with another wrap! Thank you all for an excellent November.

There have been a number of changes on the Forums with the expansion of the team & the introduction of many new staff members, including the Peer Work Team.

That being said, you have all blown us away with your support and generosity, coming along with us on the ride! 🚴

#️⃣Trending topics:

👏Celebrate a member:

On the Carer’s side, a huge thanks to @SJT63 for their sustained support to members in the carer’s community. It takes a big heart to care for someone in this way, and an even bigger heart to give to the givers!

As for the Lived Experience side of the Forum, we are celebrating @Maggie for their generous support and kindness to members in the community! Thank you for providing empathetic support & and following up with a reminder to access services when needed!

🎉Forum events to take part in next month:

• Topic Tuesday // "2020 & COVID-19" // Tues 15th Dec, 7 - 8:30pm AEDT (more info & link to come)

🔦Spotlight on:

Earlier this month we posted an announcement about an expansion to the SANE Forums Team, with the integration of a team of new Peer Workers who you will likely have seen around the Forums by now, @Former-Member @TideisTurning @Rosie93 .

November also marked the launch of Life After Bushfires, a space to share resources, experiences & heal; to repair, rebuild and recover. It is live and ready for your access here!

quote.pngQuote of the month:

"I like mosaic art... Made up of hundreds of tiny pieces of stone, glass and ceramic. If you look at it close up it doesn’t really look like anything special, if anything it looks like a mess. But if you take a step back and view the whole picture- it’s a master piece. I guess it’s kind of like life. So many tiny parts, some messy if we look just at the one part"

- @Bow, in My Mosaic, 18/11/2020

Thank you all for an excellent month – for supporting each other, for contributing to each other, and for creating a safe, positive space for this community!

Do you know someone that could be celebrated in the next wrap or see a quote you think could be shared here? Feel free to email our team at team@saneforums.org 

If you are enjoying reading our monthly wraps - hit the support button, and we will notify you when the next one is up!

I am tagging those who had supported the previous community wrap to receive a reminder 🙂

@Former-Member @eth @Emelia8 @frog @Shaz51 @Snowie @Determined 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: November Community Wrap

@pipinya 

WOW..... we've had a truly horrendous few days here so I haven't been on since Friday. I was writing in my journal and weeping over the keyboard so I logged in to see what was going on to compose myself again. 

Great timing, because now I've stopped feeling like my efforts are worthless. Even if I seem to be making things worse on the home front right now, this community gives me strength and comfort.

Much love to all, and may thanks.

Re: November Community Wrap

@SJT63

Thank you for what you do for this community 🙏

Take care,

Pipinya 🌿

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance