Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Forum News and Updates

Daisydreamer
Senior Contributor

December Community Wrap πŸŽ‰

Hey everyone! πŸ™‚

We are back with the last wrap for 2020! πŸŽ‰ Thank you to every one of our members who posted to the forums this month, and to all those reading along. 

Every day we are blown away by the understanding and compassion we find here- which is why compassion will be the theme for this month's wrap! 

#️⃣Trending topics:

For those who might be reading along or new to the community, you can also say good morning here and get to know your fellow forumites! 

πŸ‘Celebrate a member:

This month, we want to do a shout out to four members who have gone above and beyond for others, demonstrating their compassion. 

@saltandpepper for all your of support members who needed a listening ear, especially on the Carers forum, including flagging for moderators where more support could be beneficial. (Carers Forum)

@26aqua for supporting another member and letting them know they are valued: "Don't give up, you are worth the fight...I know it feels too hard sometimes, but you are not alone, you are worth every breath." (Lived Experience Forum)

@Former-Member for creating a space for members to share with each other what they find challenging over the Christmas Holidays. It's an experience many can relate to and holding this space has been helpful for so many- thank you! (Lived Experience Forum)

@Powderfinger for sharing your resources and ideas to help other forum members who are finding new ways to cope during the summer/bushfire season. (Life After Bushfires)

Seen another member you would like to celebrate? You can give them a shout out on our Thumbs Up Thursday Thread!

πŸŽ‰Forum events to take part in next month:

We are starting to get ready for our next Topic Tuesday event for January in the Life After Bushfire Forum- Stay tuned early 2021 for more information!

πŸ”¦Spotlight on:

Here at SANE our team is growing! In last month's wrap, we welcomed our Peer Support Worker Team, who you may have met around the forums @Former-Member @TideisTurning and @Rosie93. If not, you are welcome to tag our peer support workers to say hi! πŸ‘‹ 

It is also my first month at SANE as a Community Manager- A huge thank you for making me feel so welcome in this community. I look forward to getting to know you all better!

Lastly, we have some upgrades to the Global Header that will be rolling out on the 23rd of December- you can read more about this here

undefinedQuote of the month:

We have two quotes this month!

"The road to recovery is not a linear one and it's completely normal to have ups and downs, it's a hard business, and no two roads are alike." @Shazi55 

"When I need a hug they are virtually here for me. This forum has saved me this year.” @SJT63 πŸ’™

Thank you all for the kindness, compassion and openness that you bring to the forums! We hope that you take care, continue to reach out over the holiday season and support each other πŸŽ„

SANE's support services will operate as usual over the Christmas break- you can read all about the supports available to you here

Do you know someone that could be celebrated in the next wrap or see a quote you think could be shared here? Feel free to email our team at team@saneforums.org 

If you are enjoying reading our monthly wraps - hit the support button, and we will notify you when the next one is up!

Tagging all those who supported our last community wrap! @Former-Member @Clawde @Peonies @Bow @Determined @SJT63 @Snowie @Emelia8 

- Daisydreamer 🌼

3 REPLIES 3

Re: December Community Wrap πŸŽ‰

@Daisydreamer 

I have not been able to take in the entire wrap, I will need to read it a few times. 

It's a big surprise for me to be added to the celebrate a member list. I'm thankful. When I'm able to feel more and not be so numb, I will feel proud that maybe I've made a difference. My recovery road is very long. 

I've had the stuffing knocked out of me for the last 5 months. As a result, I feel so incredibly low. I don't think it's possible to get any lower than I feel. I'm fighting battles everyday. I cried a bit today. Actually, no I sobbed. If I did not have SANE, I don't think I would be alive. My days are still painful and hard. I know there are people that do care for me here. It's hard to say when you have been not cared for by people, to see when you are cared for. It has shown me I need to change my life, and me is already changed from the last five months. Can't undo the damage, or be the person I used to be. It's also hard when the damage sticks for a while, while you are trying to heal the broken bits. I expect a lotore crying for me for some time. The 24th and 25th is going to be the toughest days for me. I look forward to those days going as quickly as possible. 

Anyhow, thank you again. I'm glad I was able to contribute and help. 

Great community wrap. 

Aww shucks 🀭@Daisydreamer that's real nice of you to acknowledge my contribution new thread πŸ‘ much appreciated πŸ’™

@Daisydreamer for me it helps to know I'm not alone, having even the smallest connection to someone else who feels the same (or similar) gives me just a glimmer of hope I can find "the other side" out of this storm, I only hope my comment helped the OP. 

πŸ’œπŸ˜ŠπŸ¦‹

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance