Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Forums news and feedback

Daisydreamer
Community Manager

Apply to become a Community Guide on the SANE Forums πŸŽ‰

Hi there SANE forums community!

We are excited to announce that applications are now open for the Community Guide Program πŸŽ‰ Now's your chance to join our amazing Community Guide team. 

Want to join the team? Complete the application form here!

What does it mean to be a Community Guide?

Community Guides (CG's) are members of the SANE Community that consistently engage in the forums by providing knowledge, offering peer support and helping to role model the forums principles and culture.

Community Guides are members of the SANE Forums community who live and breathe the forum values, caring for the community and its members. Those who become CGs are typically already leading and role-modelling within the community, most likely without even realising  😊

Why become a Community Guide?

The Community Guide Program is an opportunity to work alongside a passionate team of peers, work closely with SANE and develop your skills in peer support.

We see so many members already stepping up to take on a leadership role in the forums. The purpose of the program is to formalise what many Senior Contributors are already doing well and offer additional support to grow new skills, build confidence in providing peer support and continue the great work to maintain a thriving community.

What's involved?

Community Guides spend two hours per week on the forums (structured at their own leisure). They provide peer support, help to build a sense of community, and role model the forums culture and principles. You can read more about the Community Guide Program in the document attached.

What support is available?

• Monthly check ins with the SANE team
  • Self care plan and a community guide activity plan 
  • A section of the forums where Community Guides and SANE staff to communicate about upcoming events, to give and get ideas and advice, and to provide feedback when required
  • This year we are also developing training modules to build skills in peer support

How to become a Community Guide:

To apply to be a Community Guide, the person must meet the following criteria;

• Must be a Senior Contributor of the Forums. Senior Contributors are those who have posted at least 30 posts on the Forums.
  • Must be interested in doing this role for a minimum of 6 months (however, we know that circumstances change, participation will fluctuate, time out for self-care, holidays, etc. can be needed)
  • Must have not broken the Community Guidelines more than 3 times in the past 3 months (if you aren't sure, feel free to contact us at team@saneforums.org 
  • Evidence of supportive and positive posts to other members
  • Evidence of inclusivity and non-judgemental engagement in the Forums
  • Evidence of self-care practice and help-seeking behaviour
  • Feel comfortable in reaching out and supporting others

How do I apply?

To apply, complete the application survey 😊 Applications close on Sunday the 16th of May 2021. We will be letting applicants know the outcome of their applications by the end of May. 

If you have any questions about the program, you are more than welcome to reach out to the SANE team at team@saneforums.org 😊

Looking forward to welcoming our new Community Guides to the team!

- Daisydreamer, Pipinya and Peonies πŸŒΌ

28 REPLIES 28

Re: Apply to become a Community Guide on the SANE Forums πŸŽ‰

Moved:

Re: Apply to become a Community Guide on the SANE Forums ?

This comment has been moved by a moderator to another part of the forum where it might be more easily found by the community.

@Daisydreamer thanks for the tag I am happy to be a community guide please let me know how to apply Smiley Happy

Hi @Smiling_Gecko, that's great you're keen to be involved Smiley Happy

To apply, complete the application survey πŸ˜Š Applications close on Sunday the 16th of May 2021. We will be letting applicants know the outcome of their applications by the end of May. 

🀣

@Daisydreamer thanks for the tag... I don't think I should as I don't get on every day my ability to partipate depends too much on what's going on at home.

Hi @SJT63 

Thank you for letting us know- we are really flexible with the program, and it's 100% okay to not always meet the time commitment each week. Life can be unpredictable and existing home commitments can play a part in when guides are available- we do work with each guide on their capacity and timings that suit them. If you were interested in applying, we could work with you to adapt the time commitment to make sure it is flexible to meet your needs Smiley Happy 

love your honesty and courage here @EOR 

It is a compliment to be asked to be considered to be a community guide and this I know you realise.

Responding with humour; my happening to notice, all at once, a feeling of a lighter load.

I rarely appear on the forums partly due to life at present along with computer techno headaches and taking ages catching up on those who respond to me.

I realise that my ramblings are not relevant at all to the thread.

However, I wanted to write here as I think it is so very very easy for us to not notice that we are no longer smiling, laughing, feeling that levity.

I think that you would make an excellent community guide @EOR 

Humour is my life saver.

Humour can fill the space when no words come or weariness takes over as I am currently feeling.

Thank you for drawing me here to this space and helping a laugh emerge, leaving a cheesy grin and loving smile for you and so many other forum family members. 

wanting this to last so much longer, sadly slipping away replaced by tears.

A good thing also,  laughter and smile allowing release of pent up grief and sadness.

ps apologies if anyone finds this disrespectful

Community guides are a valuable resource here on the forums

Sophia  πŸ™ƒ

Thanks for the tag and offer @Daisydreamer but we just not in the right mindset

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance: